Don’t Remove Your Tenant’s Property Too Early
June 6th, 2017
Missouri law allows a tenant to set aside a default judgment in an eviction within ten (10) days of the entry of judgment. If a landlord enters the property and removes the tenant’s property before the expiration of the ten (10) days, the landlord can be liable for conversion.
If you are having landlord-tenant problems, contact our law office at 816-524-4949 or our website at Hoorfarlaw.com.
Little Known Facts about Leasing
November 12th, 2014
1. It is illegal for a landlord to shut off your utilities unless it is for health and safety reasons.
2. Landlords can double the rent if you let someone else take over the lease without their permission.
3. Missouri only allows two adults per bedroom.
4. Evictions can be expedited when renters are involved in criminal activity.
5. Landlords must give a 60 day notice when ending a lease involving mobile homes or leases for less than a year.
If you are in need of legal assistance, contact our office at 816-524-4949.