1. It is illegal for a landlord to shut off your utilities unless it is for health and safety reasons.
2. Landlords can double the rent if you let someone else take over the lease without their permission.
3. Missouri only allows two adults per bedroom.
4. Evictions can be expedited when renters are involved in criminal activity.
5. Landlords must give a 60 day notice when ending a lease involving mobile homes or leases for less than a year.
If you are in need of legal assistance, contact our office at 816-524-4949.