Mean Conduct Does Not Equate to Termination of Maintenance

When trying to modify or stop your child support or alimony payments, the courts cannot consider the actions of your ex-spouse or your children.  Despite your ex-spouse being mean to you or your children treating you with disrespect, the courts should only consider your current income when modifying or terminating your alimony payments.  If you are receiving or paying alimony and need help, contact our law office at 816-524-4949 or

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply