Foreign Bank Account Rules

You will need to file a Foreign Bank Account Reporting form (FBAR) if the balance in the account(s) was greater than $10,000 in 2018. The name of the form is FinCEN Report 114. FinCEN stands for Financial Crimes Enforcement Network. Make sure you follow the rules and deadlines to avoid strict penalties.

If you need help filing a FBAR, contact our law office at 816-524-4949 or visit our website at

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply